Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ver(a)rt Gallery Presents: FROM CONCEIT TO CONCEPT



WHEN: Opening Reception Friday May 7th, 5-7p
Show runs May 4th through May 25th

WHERE: Ver(a)rt Gallery at the Vera Project
Seattle Center: Warren Ave N & Republican St

WHAT: From skateboards and comics to screenprint, stencils and paint, but not necessarily what you’d think.

Showing for the first time in Washington State, Dave Vander Mass (Portland), Giancarlo De Marchi (PA) and Tom Patterson (PA) are long-time friends coming together for a group show at Ver(a)rt Gallery, exhibiting both individual and collaborative works.

Dave Vander Maas - "I’m influenced by BMX and skateboarding and their respective cultures. I make art as a means to deal with whatever is going on in everyday life. My subjects are mostly symbolic and left open for interpretation by the viewer. My art is usually done in acrylic on found wood."

Giancarlo De Marchi - "I’m influenced by comic book art and skate graphics. I began in my youth by directly copying these images and gradually learned from this practice, applying these skills to my work now. My work is a collage of many of my drawings that creates a cohesive piece of art. I want my work to be subjective and for people to be able to interpret it in their own ways."

Tom Patterson - "The process itself of making art is most important to me; it feels like a meditative state when I am in my studio working. My work reflects the mood I am experiencing at the time, but my emotions are not more important than the image itself. I want to make work that is visually appealing for the viewer. I want my art to be viewed the same way I view art; that is, to look at it and not into it. My work is print based with a focus on screen print on paper."

For more information, please contact verart@theveraproject.org.

Ver(a)rt Gallery
verart@theveraproject.org
www.theveraproject.org

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter