Tuesday, February 19, 2008

More Details on SAGMIESTER!!!!!!!

Stefan Sagmeister UPDATED!!!!!




AIGA Seattle Presents

Stefan Sagmeister

Things I Have Learned In My Life So Far
Tuesday, March 4 6:30pm Doors Open 7pm Lecture

Kane Hall / University of Washington
Astonishingly, Stefan Sagmeister has only learned twenty or so things in his life so far. But he did manage to publish these personal maxims all over the world, in spaces normally occupies by advertisements and promotions: as billboards, projections, light-boxes, magazine spreads, annual report covers, fashion brochures, and, recently, as giant inflatable monkeys. In this presentation Sagmeister throws his diary, a lot of design, and a little art together with a pinch of psychology and a dash of happiness into a blender and pushes the button. It tastes surprisingly yummy.

Stefan Sagmeister: Things I Have Learned So Far

This book began as a list Stefan made in his diary under the title Things I have learned in my life so far, which includes statements such as "Worrying solves nothing" and "Trying to look good limits my life." The list reveals something that is profoundly true: Although human beings have been pursuing happiness for countless generations, it is not so easily achieved. And we need constant reminders to keep us on the right path.
The book will be available at the event for $40 and Stefan will signing the books following the lecture.

Online Registration
AIGA Members: $10 / Register
AIGA Student Members: $5 / Register
Non-Member: $25 / Register
Student Non-Member: $10 / Register

Sorry, no refunds.

Info from Aigaseattle.org
-DG

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'll beat someone up for my seat.

Boss said...

Sagmeister has been blogging for the NY Times lately.

http://themoment.blogs.nytimes.com/tag/stefan-sagmeister/

It's interesting. Sort of. If you're the kind of person that likes to know what Sagmeister with his free time. I didn't really care much for it.

Graphic Design Club said...

I think I had info posted about prices and ticket payment posted before the email was sent out to members...Sweet!

Boss said...

More Sagmeister reading here:

http://www.subtraction.com/archives/2008/0221_the_sagmeist.php

Like usual, I agree with Khoi Vinh. His work is good and all but I can't help but think 'how does he get away with it'?

 

Free Blog Counter